A luck 13 posted to The Forge for a Thursday morning bowl of Gumbo…it was served steaming hot like this:
Long mosey down the hill to the end of the road circle for COP, including the following (all IC):
- Freddie Mercuries
Lighpole Alley – To borrow from the other Thursday AO south of the river, the PAX formed up at the first lightpole on the road back to the top of the hill and YHC explained that this lightpole alley consisted of 7 lightpoles finishing over at the curve in the road (and base of the mountain). Rounds were as follows:
- Round 1: Perform 10 HRMs at Lightpole 1, run to Lightpole 7 and perform 10 more HRMs, run back to Lighpole 2 and plank for the SIX.
- Round 2: Same sequence but with 10 WWIIs
- Round 3: Monkey Humpers x10
- Round 4: Alternating Shoulder Taps x10 2-count
- Round 5: Box Cutters x10
- Round 6: Mountain Climbers x10 2-count
- Round 7 (no run): 7 Burpees
Climb the Mountain
As a PAX we climbed the mountain of the The Forge by various method – lunging, bearcrawling and running. We also stopped at each of the many lightpoles up the hill for some pain sessions, including downhill merkins, uphill WWIIs, APDs, Imperial Walkers and more. Sprint the last three lightpole lengths stopping at each for 2 burpees.
Partner 1 bearcrawls to the top of the first grassy knoll, does 3 burpees and runs back to the curb. Partner 2 is doing merkins of your choice – feel free to mix and match. Partner 3 is doing flutter kicks (or pillow fluffers…we miss you Carmen San Diego!). 3 rounds, you know the drill.
Short slowsey back to the Flag and do you best yoga warrior pose facing the gorgeous rising sun for 1 minute.
COT, Number-rama, Name-A-Rama and Marmaduke took us out in style.
- Next Tuesday is the Third Annual F3RVA HR Derby – don’t go to NoToll. We will meet at Huguenot Little League (behind Robious Elementary School). Bring a glove if you have one. If not, no worries. Come ready to hit some Dingers!
- Tomorrow is Amateur Hour at RAMM Gears – bikes of any shape or size or age are welcome.
- Saturday 0730 in DaVille No Excuse Workout — https://f3rva.org/2019/06/01/preblast-no-excuses-workout/
- Puppy Pile – 6/30 — Marv has the Q
- SOJ Family Happy Hour – next Thursday 6/27 at Tavern 19 at Independence Golf Club. 6:00 p.m. They have a concert series out there so there may be a good crowd. The Hashbury Collective is playing.
YHC arrived first and secured the AO and planted the flag. Doozy and DTH were close behind and DTH did his best Crocodile Dundee impression by whipping out his Forge Flag and letting Gumbo know – “that’s not a Flag….THIS IS A FLAG!”
The rest of the PAX cruised in and stretched out to the whirring white noise of LugNut’s ride. Takes a big fan to cool all those horses down. Alas it was 0530 and time to Mosey…Phonics and Scrum must have seen the PAX heading down the hill as they caught up to us for COP.
It was Sunny and 70s and the air was still and thick. Shirt was drenched by the end of the long mosey down the hill today.
YHC decided to make full use of the great long hill and bring a little Timberwolf to The Forge with lightpole alley. Doozy and Phonics destroyed lightpole alley and everyone was sufficiently winded by the time we made it back up to the summit with a few pain stops along the way.
Great partnering with Wilson, LugNut and Marmaduke on the Triple Check. And, great to meet Longpole for the first time. Next summer you summer tourists can see the rest of this massive AO.
Great job this morning men!
No More Gumbo For You!