38 hearty souls (including 3 FNGs) broke free from the comfort of bed this morning determined to start Father’s Day weekend off the best way we know how – at Dogpile. The menu was chock full of Gumbo – all different varieties – including:
Mosey over to the typical COP circle, which had been freshly cut and looked beautiful but we bypassed it anyway. With the large numbers, YHC couldn’t resist COP in the amphitheater and man was it great.
Quick disclaimer for the FNGs, then right into COP on the steps including the following (all IC):
- DQs VERY slow for Saab, so we only had time for 5
- SSHs – YHC thought about continuing until Emoji got the count correct, but I wanted to get to other things.
- Imperial Walkers
- Tempo Merkins
- Freddie Mercuries – varying speeds from super-slow to fast back to slow
- Alternating Shoulder Taps
Amphitheater Triple Check – Groups of three perform 3 rounds of the following: PAX 1 runs the perimeter of the Amphitheater, PAX 2 does flutter kicks, PAX 3 does box jumps.
Escape from the Amphitheater – Going up the steps, perform 2 incline merkins on each step and then box jump up to the next one. Plank-o-rama for the SIX on the putting surface otherwise known as the usual COP circle.
Mosey to the Lawn
Variety Show Lawn Crossing – PAX lines up on the endline and will traverse to the far endline using the various methods called for by YHC, including:
- Bearcrawl — STOP for 10 HRMs just to get some fresh dew mixed in with the sweat.
- Backwards Lunge
- Crab walk
- Crawl bear
- Duck walk
- Bunny Hop
- AYG – sprint to the end.
Burpee Road (aka dodge the cars) – Heading out Sheppard St. to the end of the second median, perform 2 burpees at each lamp post on the way out and on the way back. 14 lamp posts total = 28 burpees.
Mosey down Rugby Road to the bottom of the hill and hold six-inches for the SIX
Golden Triangle – Backwards run up the hill to the circle, bearcrawl over to Rugby Road and run back down to the bottom of the hill.
Backwards run up to the circle and Al Gore for the SIX, then mosey over the the putting green.
Noah’s Arc – Plank Time – Partner up and form a line around the outer edge of the putting green facing your partner. Everyone in plank – first pair does 10 Boo-Yah Merkins then sprints around the circle to the end of the line. Next pair starts Boo-Yah Merkins as soon as first pair finishes its merkins. Continue holding plank or elbow plank or Wilson’s or Fudd’s wife (your choice) until all pairs have finished.
Mosey back to the Amphitheater – yes, we have already been there, but what goes up MUST come down…
Dips Down the Stairs — 2 Dips at each step down to the pit.
Mosey to the Flag – the straight way – we have Mary to do – Rabbits on your SIX holding six-inches for the SIX…
3 MOM, including:
- APDs – 2 more just to finish up
- Freddie Mercuries
- Flutter Kicks -Mark Spitz style
- Hello Dollies – Iron Cross style
- American Hammers
TIMES UP… COT, Number-Rama, Name-A-Rama and YHC took us out with a prayer.
- Shakedown is shaving his head…pay the man! It’s for a good cause.
- Keep posting for your summer tour points.
- HDHH – Palani Drive 1800 hours for the run – see Kubota
- No Excuse Workout coming up – see DaVille guys (Spit, The Carpenter) for details
- I know I’m forgetting announcements, so please add them to the comments
- I’m missing two in the PAX list – let me know who and I’ll update the list. Sorry – the whole video didn’t come through
Excellent morning gents. Thanks for posting and for giving great effort this morning men. I know that was a lot of plank time in Noah’s Arc – way to push through. Tighten up those mid-sections men.
Tclaps to HoneyDo for getting into RVA at 1:30 in the morning and still posting. Strong effort brother.
It was also great to have some FNGs out with us this morning – welcome, Crop Top, Hightower and Hash. Great job today. Keep posting…its worth it.
Have a wonderful Father’s Day men. If your father is still with you, tell him you love him and spend some quality time with him. If he has passed, remember the good times you had and pay attention to the ways he has influenced your life. Enjoy your families and take this great energy and enthusiasm that F3 gives us each morning and harness it towards your family and towards being the best Father you can be.
Honored to lead such a fine group. Thank you all!
No More Gumbo For You!