14 gloom veterans posted to see if the Rivah Crossing Guard would allow this week’s SOJ-Q to cross enemy lines and lead a workout. Thankfully, the crossing guard was kind and YHC made it this morning. This is what ensued:
Mosey toward the courts and around the gravel track one lap to loosen up, then COP, including the following (all IC):
- DQs (Saab-approved speed)
- Helicopters (oh-baby, Saab was in heaven so far)
- No-Cheat Merkins (a DTH favorite) – 8-count exercise consisting of HRMs with Alternating Shoulder Taps at the top. No cheating on these bad boys. AND – despite the PAX’s reluctance, YHC thinks the 8-count worked out just fine.
- Mountain Climbers
- Arm Circles
Nobody Puts Dora in a Box
Partner 1 makes his way around the box drawn on the blacktop alternating between bear crawls and running each length. Partner 2 begins exercises. Flapjack and repeato until all exercises are complete. Exercises included: 100 merkins, 200 box cutters and 300 squats.
Where did the Q go? Did duty call?
Flatline lead the PAX in some plank-o-rama while YHC disappeared for a minute and returned with a football in hand…to the field!
Partners from Dora are on opposite teams. The Q’s team is skins and the rules are – play like Ultimate Frisbee only 2 (or 3?) steps allowed with the ball then you have to throw it. Any drop = turnover (except on kickoffs). When the ball hits the ground EVERYONE has to do a burpee. When a team scores a touchdown, that team chooses an exercise and a rep # – defense has to do double. Game On!
Whistle blows…back to the Flag.
COT, Number-Rama, Name-A-Rama and YHC took us out.
- Field Day – Saturday — see your region captain (Gumbo, Vinny, Kubota, Spit) for uniforms. Show up at least 5 minutes early and be prepared to go a few minutes past 7.
- Orange Crush VQ at Twin Team tomorrow — bouncy house was promised. Hope he confirmed the weight limit!
- Prayers up for a friend/co-worker of Flatline whose son in the Navy was found dead in barracks. Awful news. Treasure each day and each encounter with loved ones.
YHC had several things planned for today, including some other field work like Red Barchetta or Gunners (look it up — a few rounds of that with the right number of reps and it sounded like some pain), but half-way through the Dora, YHC had enough of the bear crawl and the reps and remembered the football in the back of his car. 14 PAX, 7v7, Get in the competition spirit before field day…PERFECT.
Note to self…get off the tracks when the Bodos Train is coming…Choo Choo! Yikes. Unfortunately, YHC’s back hair got got up in some of the tall grass and brought YHC to an abrupt halt on a go route (beautiful throw Swirly). Well, trains don’t stop on a dime, especially with a full head of steam. Ouch.
Some great flashbacks to glory days out there. Great throws, great catches. Some good old fashioned fun and competition. It was a blast fellas. Thanks for playing along!
No More Gumbo For You!