Six men who choose to start their Friday off right posted at The Creek for a beatdown that went something like this.
Mosey once around the church
- 30 SSH IC
- 10 Don Quixotes IC
- 15 Helicopters IC
- 10 step back Lunges IC
- 10 Merkins IC
- 20 Mountain Climbers IC
- 20 LBCs IC
- 20 Freddie Mercuries IC
- 20 ABDs IC
- 10 Box Cutters IC
- 20 Burpees IC
Stay in parking lot
Triple Sprints – Get into 2 groups of 3. Two partners stay while the 3rd partner goes about 50 yards away. While one partner starts doing 5 burpees, the first partner sprint to the 2nd partner. When they tag, the first partner does 5 burpees. The 2nd partner then tags the 3rd partner. Do 5 burpees after each sprint for a total of 5 sprints and 25 burpees. Bear Crawl to the middle when all partners have completed 5 burpees.
Triple Check – Alternate between Plank Walks, American Hammers, Run around the building a total of 3 times.
Mosey to shelter
- Round 1 – Alternate between Raised Back Plank dips and Rocket Launchers (4 rounds for each exercise = 8 rounds)
- Round 2 – One legged Lunges – Alternate between Legs. (4 rounds for each leg = 8 rounds)
Mosey back to VSF
COT – Numberama, Name-o-rama, YHC took us out.
Today, YHC celebrated his 3rd anniversary as a member of F3RVA. In many ways, its amazing how quickly the time has gone by. In many ways, it seems like F3 has been a part of my life for much longer than 3 years which is a good thing. F3 has meant a lot to me over these 3 years. Beyond the fitness, it has connected me with others who have children who do activities like swimming, track, cross country, and chorus. Some of these PAX members who I have run into at my children’s activities are The Carpenter, Opus, Wheelie, Lab Rat, Helix, Emoji, Seymour, Bleeder, TYA, Rosie, Abacus, Yard Sale, and Bromance.
Several observations from the Creek today.
- SSHs during COP are performed very differently by the PAX members than any other AO in F3RVa.
- PAX members who do what the Q does, not what he says. If he calls out the incorrect name of an exercise but means something else (windmills instead of helicopters), perform the exercise that he is actually doing.
- Several regulars from The Creek were absent today.
- Because of the time that the Triple Check took, only had time for 2 rounds of Tabata.
- It had been more than 2 years since YHC had worked Tabata into the workout. I need to do this more.
- Bulkhead, Emoji, and Opus posted at both of YHC’s Qs this week. Well Done!
It was a pleasure to lead this fine group of men this morning!
F3RVA Field Day – Saturday, May 11
RVA Summer Tour – Starts the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend and will last until Labor Day. This is your opportunity to post at every F3RVA AO. More information to come.
Happy Anniversary, Phonics!
Congrats on 3 years. Viva La Summer Tour!
Congrats on 3 years and thanks for the great Q this morning.