8 PAX made it out in the gloom for a last-minute Q YHC threw together after seeing no one had signed up last night.
- SSH – 30
- Arm Circles – 10/10/10
- Hillbilly Walkers – 15
- Through the Tunnel – 15
- Burpees OYO – 5
Mosey to the rear shopping center parking lot.
A series of Escalators were completed suicide-style, with PAX performing the following exercises/reps at each speed bump, with a 20 count between each set because OUCH:
- Merkins: 10-20-30-40-30-20-10
- Squats: 20-30-40-50-40-30-20
- LBCs: 20-30-40-50-40-30-20
Lunge walk from the corner to the opening of the parking lot, then mosey back to the flags for 2 minutes of Mary:
- American Hammers IC – 20
- WWIIs – 20
Enter by the narrow gate. For the gate is wide and the way is easy that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard that leads to life, and those who find it are few.Matthew 7:13–14
- The PAX were instructed that we can get caught up in who is doing what and how many people there are doing what things, where Jesus is instead putting the question to his listeners and us: what are you doing? Are you committed? “Make every effort to enter by the narrow gate.”
- For those who felt the workout was intense, YHC remarked that “this is what happens when no one signs up to Q.”
- The title of this backblast comes from YHC’s favorite joke about escalators, by the late, great Mitch Hedburg:
F3 Important Links
- Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
- QuadP (aka “Priorities’ Pointless Periodic Priority” aka Monthly Challenge).
- F3 App: Available on Google Play or Apple App Store. This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it and get connected. (Note: The app is a separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same).
- Twitter: @F3HamptonRoads
- Facebook: F3HamptonRoads