The beloved beacon of beatdowns to come, SWIRLY’s headlights cast a welcoming beam upon our COT arena. YHC planted the ShovelFlag, and a strong PAX of 17 gloom warriors quickly converged to bask in the warmth of the 2nd F. There was some amusement in contrasting HANDSHAKE’s XXXXL shorts with the cheek-huggers worn by SHAKEDOWN, and then it was time to mosey…
Mosey to COP #1: (The usual Circle)
- Don Quixotes – IC x10 slowly
- Imperial Squat Walkers – IC x10
- Around the World Lunges – IC x5 rounds
- Mountain Climber Merkins – YHC attempted IC, but after two fails, instructed PAX to complete x10 OYO (should be x3 MC’s followed by x1 M…)
- Crab Cakes – IC x15
- LBC’s – IC x20
- Guantanamo – PAX remains on their Six, Legs Up at 45 degrees, Each man runs circle, forcefully throwing legs down (goal for PAX is to keep feet from hitting the deck, then hold at 6”), then the next man in line is following with hitting legs back up for PAX to hold at 45 degrees. Completed 2 rounds of ab-burner fun.
Mosey to COP #2: (The Pit of Despair)
- Lindsey – Complete x30 WWII bottom, Bear crawl to top, x10 MH, Crawl Bear back to bottom, x25 WWII, BC up to x15 MH, CB back down, …total of five times up and down to end with x10 WWII & x30 MH.
- While awaiting the Six, HANDSHAKE provided plankercizes, then with everyone present YHC instructed PAX to complete four 4×4’s for good measure (x4 Burpees, each w x4 Merkins & x4 Mountain C’s)
Mosey to COP #3: (Beatdown Bars, AKA, Rusty Cage)
- Within about an 8 minute period of time, PAX completed the following routine OYO in repeat: x5 Pull Ups, x10 Groiners, x5 Dips, x10 Iron Mikes (Ball Dippers). YHC completed x5 rounds then called the PAX to return to the ShovelFlag.
The Shovel Flag Finisher:
- Freddie Mercury 4 counts x20
- Counterama #
- Announcements (included below in Comments)
- First time Q’ing at Dogwood, and loved every painful minute of it. YHC was very pleased with the gusto with which the PAX attacked the Guantanamo drill, particularly impressed with the malevolent energy that BODOS & VINNY put into slamming legs down.
- Crawling up & down the theater added a new challenge, and YHC was amused to note the PAX crawling out up out of the dark depths was akin to some demonic uprising out of Hell.
- What an honor to lead, and a joy to crush the failing flesh, alongside so many awesome men!