11 PAX braved the cold and the blockades for a really random array of rolling, running, and recreation. Because it was Gunner’s 50th/HOF post, Lady Glitter Sparkles was in attendance (fortunately or unfortunately, depending on which PAX you ask), and she certainly made herself known. At least 4 times.
- SSH – 30
- Michael Phelps – 15
- Hillbilly Walkers – 15
- Through the Tunnel – 15
Indian Run around the block with Lady Glitter Sparkles. Back to the flags and then mosey to the pond.
YHC re-introduced a workout of his own creation, called Dice of Death. Similar to Deck of Death, but with a set of polyhedral dice (think Dungeons and Dragons). Each die is assigned to a workout: three random dice are drawn and rolled, all PAX perform designated workout and number of reps. All PAX mosey around the pond. Rinse and repeat until all PAX have rolled, then until time allows. Any 0s rolled = the max for that die, either 10 or 100.
The exercises and possible max reps were as follows:
- LBC – 100
- Squat – 100
- CDD – 100
- WWI – 20
- HR Merkin – 20
- Lunge (4ct) – 20
- Boxcutter – 12
- Step-Up – 12
- Burpee – 10
- Plank (x10 seconds) – 6
- Dip – 8
- Jump-Up – 4
Mosey to the far parking deck, second level. YHC decided to get a little PAX participation in, so different PAX were called upon to choose one arm, one leg, and one ab exercise. A dice was rolled, and that number of reps was completed. Mosey to the next side of the parking deck, rinse and repeat until the upper level is reached.
LGS was then “accidentally” set down and the requisite burpees were completed before moseying back to the flags, where she was accidentally set down again, conveniently a mere one minute before 8am.
Countarama, Namearama, COT:
Matthew 20:26b–28: …But whoever would be great among you must be your servant, and whoever would be first among you must be your slave, even as the Son of Man came not to be served but to serve, and to give his life as a ransom for many.”
- The PAX were directed toward the model of Christ’s kingdom: service toward others.
- The PAX were reminded of Christ’s own example of service for his people (though he of all men could have demanded to be served).
- The PAX were encouraged to emulate his example and follow his command in their lives, but especially as part of F3, as the organization lends itself to that ethos.
- Still working on variations for future appearances of the Dice of Death. Feel free to offer up suggestions!
- LGS was very slippery today.
- Two separate PAX–Buoy and Catapult–had the PAX do a circle of pain when called upon, so T-claps?
F3 Important Links
Q Schedule: Just sign up. We can help you prepare.
QuadP (Monthly Challenge).
F3 App (Google Play or Apple App Store): This is the one-stop shop for all things F3 Hampton Roads. Download it. Get connected. (Note: Separate account from f3rva.org but the username and password can be the same