14 eager SOJ men posted to NoToll this morning for a heaping helping of Gumbo. It was served as follows:
Mosey to the backlot for COP, including:
- Imperial Walkers
- Freddie Mercuries at varying speeds
Modified 4 Corners
- Round 1: Do 10 merkins in corner 1 and run to corner 2 and do 20 WWII sit ups, then run back to corner 1 and plank for Six. After everyone is back, 10 Alternating Shoulder Taps IC.
- Round 2: 10 merkins in corner 1, 20 WWII in corner 2, run to corner 3 and do 30 single-count mountain climbers, run back to corner 1 and plank for six. 10 ASTs IC as a group.
- Round 3: 10 merkins in corner 1, 20 WWII in corner 2, 30 mountain climbers in corner 3, run to corner 4 and do 40 SSHs, run back (the long way) around to corner 1 and plank for the six, 10 ASTs IC as a group.
- Round 4: 10 merkins in corner 1, 20 WWII in corner 2, 30 mountain climbers in corner 4, 40 SSHs in corner 4 – spring AYG short length to corner 1 to complete the BOX and do 5 Burpees.
Partner up and complete, as a group, 100 box-jumps/step-ups, 200 incline merkins and 300 single-count flutter kicks while alternating sprints across the field and back.
Circle up in the grass for 2 rounds of ROF. Starting on your six and holding six inches, 10 box cutters and pass it around – plank after you complete the box cutters, then half-way through the second round started and 10 merkins started chasing the box cutters. Pop up to Al Gore when you finish your merkins.
Times up – AYG back to the SF for COT, COR, NOR and YHC took us out
- Bring your coats, jackets, sweaters, blankets to Marmaduke or his crew on Saturdays. He will get them to local shelters.
- CSAUP 10/20
- October mile-a-day challenge — https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1-L8e9W24ygnU0suaGyKxzi1PgPqY1CBd57hLrKTZI-g/edit?ts=563e70a3#gid=169023553
- There appears to be a Garmin steps challenge for the month?
- Some of you might have noticed the new street sign at the entrance to the backlot at NoToll. Rosie found this story — https://www.richmond.com/news/local/chesterfield/chesterfield-family-lives-without-son-and-brother-chesterfield-names-road/article_d839239c-8e5b-59f8-978f-ab7618aa0510.html. A great reminder of the tremendous sacrifices our troops make for us and for our freedom. We should keep that in mind when we are feeling tired or sore when working out under that Pavilion.
Great crew this morning for another great morning on the NoToll fields. We logged some miles and got some pain in as well. Rosie has a springboard on his back and can crank out WWII sit ups like nobody’s business. He smoked the 4-corners. Flange was right on his heels.
Great to have Dr. Tryhard and Draper back out. Hope you guys are settling in to being regulars like Doozy appears to be doing. Great job.
Have a great day men. Remember – exercise some patience with someone today!
No More Gumbo For You!