F3RVA posted at Dogpile with amazing numbers to celebrated it’s 4th birthday with a convergence that included two bootcamps and a race. By the numbers:
- 57 total PAX members posted between the workouts.
- 40 Double Dipped including two 2.0s. Outstanding you two!
- 54 posted to the 6 AM bootcamp
- 43 posted at 7 AM with 33 completing the 2.7 mile race.
- All 33 runners Double Dipped.
The weather was perfect for a beatdown that included the following:
6 AM Bootcamp (All Qs completed the RVA Summer Tour)
Mosey to Rugby Road Circle. The PAX of 54 was so large that most PAX members performed the exercises in the road while YHC was in the tall grass.
- 9 Burpees OYO (September)
- 20 SSH (20th)
- 14 Helicopters (2014)
- 24 Invisible Jump Ropes (24 PAX members at the F3RVA Launch on September 20, 2014)
- 13 Merkins
- 13 Mountain Climbers (13 PAX members completed the F3RVA Summer Tour)
Q passed onto Wedding Singer
Mosey to the Carillon Field and partner up for the following
- Partner Carry to the far end of the field and back. Trade off when needed.
- Wheelbarrow the width of the field. When you reach the side, the partners switch. Repeat.
PAX split into 2 groups.
Group One (Qs were Hardywood, Kubota, and Sugar Sock)
- Hardywood: At Rusty Cage – 5 rounds of 5 pull-ups, 5 dips, and 5 burpees
- Kubota: At the half pipe behind amphitheater – Clockwork Merkins (Start at 12 o’clock, do even hours on one hill and odd on the other. Work from 1 to 12.) Set of PLT’s and Boo-Yah Merkins while waiting for the six.
- Sugar Sock: 4 corners with 10 WWI sit ups, 20 American Hammers, 30 Box Cutters, and 40 LBCs.
Group Two (Qs were Vinny, Honeydo, and Offshore)
- Vinny: At the half pipe behind amphitheater – Clockwork Merkins (Start at 1 o’clock and do 5 merkins at each side of the hill until 12 o’clock
- 3 sets of PLTs.
- At Rusty Cage, partner up and do the following: 5 pull-ups, 10 jerkins, 15 dips, 20 jump squats.
- Offshore: Led the group on a mosey to the Carillon field. Because of time, the Q was passed onto Rosie.
Both groups passed the Q to Rosie
5 minutes of Mary in Carillon Field
- Freddie Mercuries
- Flutter Kicks
- Peter Parkers
- Crunchy Frog
- Alabama Prom Dates
Mosey back to SF
COT – Numberama, Name-o-rama, Announcements, Gomer Pyle took us out.
7:05 AM Bootcamp (Led by Johnsonville)
Mosey to the field in the middle of the VITA course.
- Slaughter Starter (20 burpees OYO)
- 20 SSH
- 20 Cherry Pickers
- 10 Alabama Prom Dates (2 legs)
- 10 Alabama Prom Dates (left leg up)
- 10 Alabama Prom Dates (right leg up)
- 16 Imperial Walkers
- 16 Hillbillies
7:15 AM VITA Course Race (3 laps around the VITA course for 2.7 miles)
- Instructions were given by YHC to the leaders during leaders of the 6 am bootcamp to try to stay away from challenging leg work since many PAX members would be racing after the bootcamp. This suggestion was obviously ignored.
- The suggestion on going easy on the legs was not given to Johnsonville as he started the COP with 20 burpees. This leg to much moaning and wining during the burpees. We still completed the exercise.
- At 6 am, we started off with 9 burpees for the month F3RVA started. Johnsonville suggested this be called the Seal Team Starter.
- Which is better, a COP or an elbow massage from TYA?
- Hardywood’s 2.0s are incredible.
Thank you to Pullout for bringing out the grill, the eggs, and the sausage. The 2nd F was awesome.
- During the 8 am COT, Shakedown notified the PAX that Labrat had lost his father that morning. Shakedown then said a prayer for Labrat and his family. Please continue to pray for Labrat and his family.
- The Healing Place is going to have an 8K training teams. It starts Saturday, September 29 and will lead up to the November 10 VCU Health 8K. See Swiper for details.
- Puppy Pile next Saturday, September 29 at 7:05 AM.
- Richmond Community Toolbank Hammers & Ales – See Viral for details
- Starting next Saturday, September 29, every Saturday until the end of the year, Marmaduke will be collecting jackets for those in need. He can pick them up at Dogpile or Gridiron. See Marmaduke for details.
It was an honor to lead this morning.