A cool, foggy morning set the stage for 27 of RVA’s finest (including 2 FNGs) to emerge from the gloom. It is officially too dark to make out the faces pre-workout, so chatter was in close proximity to one’s neighbor.
Off we go to the front of the school for COP.
- Don Quixote
- Russian Soldiers
- Scorpion Kicks
YHC calls Swirly to demonstrate the perfect Merkin. Partner up and do as many perfect Merkins as possible in one minute. The spotter can call up to two infractions for form. Swap roles and go another minute.
Next is the perfect WWII situp for a minute. Swap roles.
Labrat is instructed to do 5 Burpees on his own to pay down his renegade debt. The rest of the Pax moseys back to the soccer field for Red Barchetta.
- Sprint 100 yards – 100 SSH, run back and elbow plank
- Sprint 75 yards – 75 Mountain Climbers, run back and elbow plank
- Sprint 50 yards – 50 LBCs, run back and elbow plank
- Sprint 25 yards – 25 Merkins, run back and elbow plank
- Sprint 10 yards – 10 Burpees, run back and elbow plank
Form two columns and Bear Crawl Native American Run from the soccer fields to the tennis courts. Partner up for Doras.
- Partner 1 – Run across the four tennis courts and back
- Partner 2 -100 Copperhead Squats, 200 Monkey Humpers, 300 Flutter Kicks
Keep your partner and PLT: 3 set of 20 reps each.
Off to the VSF and YHC took us out.
First, for those not in the know, Labrat’s extra Burpees were not personal or due to his mumble chatter. Rather he is paying off a Burpee debt and needed some prodding.
The perfect Merkin and WWII exercises were inspired by PT requirements. Take a look at video 1 for more on GoRuck Selection that kicks off another class today.
Finally, today marks my 4th anniversary with F3. I was out there with Bleeder, J-ville, Earthworm, Loose Goose, and Doner Kabob. Conspiracy, Toga, and Snowden were there as well and I could have sworn TYA was present too.
Its been a fast four years with nothing but good times. Crazy weather and strenuous challenges only makes a better workout, builds character and forges memories. BRRs, CSAUPs, monthly challenges, and camaraderie have passed the time like yesterday.
I pondered doing that first RVA shovel plant workout today. At the time, I remembered it to be a killer workout filling a full hour. Upon review last night, I wasn’t sure if the workout would be a challenge for this might Pax. We have certainly come a long way.
I did rename one of our FNGs with something more fitting of his hometown.
- Convergence this weekend. Ghost Flag is up for grabs for those who do the bootcamp (6am) and run (7:10). There will be a workout following the run. Phonics is in search of a grill and will send additional information out to the Pax to potluck our food.
- Puppy Pile (2.0 friendly workout) on 9/29.
Always Be Tapering,