8 weekend warriors, including 1 FNG, broke the hold and didn’t let the crazy thunder last night keep them from posting to Batteau this morning to start the work-week the only way we know how…in the gloom. Gumbo made a long-overdue return to Batteau and took the Q in order to pay a little honor to his father who would have been 81 today…and Gumbo’s pops was no runner, so YHC needed to Q a bootcamp beatdown to be sure. It went a little something like this:
Mosey through the darkness down to the Reedy Creek via the hill of ill repute. Circle up at the bottom of the hill for a quick disclaimer and COP, all IC, including:
- DQs x 8
- Helicopterx x 20
- Cotton Pickers x 19
- SSHs x 37
- LBCs x 81 — whew, that was a lot of LBCs
Circle the Creek – lap around the creek stopping at each lamp post, whether lit or not, and do 10 merkins at every other lamp post and 10 2-ct flutterkicks at the other ones. Plank for the six.
Given our PAX at 8, YHC needed 1 more prop for the next exercise so he left the PAX in Swirly’s capable hands for some ab work while waiting for the six and YHC ran back up the hill to his vehicle. Meet the PAX at the tennis courts. Box Cutters for the six.
4 Corners Circuit – 2 PAX at each corner, exercises as follows:
- Corner 1 (2 jump ropes) – each PAX member completes 30 jump rope revolutions. When both are done, call SWITCH and the PAX moseys to the next corner.
- Corner 2 = Mountain Climbers
- Corner 3 = Freddie Mercuries
- Corner 4 (2 Kettle Bells) = KB squats.
- At the end of round 1 plank in your corner, then entire PAX bearcrawl to the center-net and perform 10 merkins in cadence, then bear crawl to your next corner for Round 2.
- same exercises as Round 1
- At the end of Round 2 – lunge to center-net and perform 20 Imperial Walkers in cadence, then mosey to your next corner for Round 3.
- Corner 1 = each PAX member completes 25 jump rope revolutions, consecutively. If you mess up, start over. You may choose 5 penalty burpees if you can’t get 25 in a row, but your partner has to do them with you.
- Corners 2-4: Same as Rounds 1 and 2.
- At the end of Round 3 – broad jump to center net, 20 American Hammers in cadence
ROF – hold plank, 1 PAX does 10 merkins, next PAX in the circle is jumping rope, pass when 10 merkins are done and finish when everyone has done merkins and jump rope.
1 Minute of Superman and time was up.
Mosey back to the Flag for COT, COR, NOR and YHC took us out.
- Puppy Pile on Saturday after Dogpile – Marv has the Q
- Breaking Bread – Sunday evening 5-7/7:30 – Gumbo has the Q. Looking for 1 or 2 others to help out.
- Labor Day Convergence at 3 Lakes Park at 0700. Be there. Bring your SF and a mug for coffeeteria afterwards.
- BRR is right around the corner – the guys are looking for a second driver. Talk to TYA or Swirly if you can commit.
- CSAUP 10/20 – miles and beers and maybe Kubota manning the grill….seriously, does it get any better? Well, maybe – let’s find a way to get some football on TV…BAM!
Batteau is the DEEP GLOOM for sure. A different kind of darkness there. A great AO and worthy of the trip if you have not made it over there. Great group of guys this morning. It was nice to meet ABBA and Crossroads and of course, Periscope (FNG – Jim).
Naming was a challenge this morning and the neurons were not firing in YHC’s brain, so after some reflection on the drive home, YHC settled on Periscope for Jim’s F3 Name alluding to Jim’s time serving in the Navy as an intel officer on a Submarine. Welcome Periscope.
Thanks for coming out guys and for letting me lead. I knew the 81 LBCs were going to stink but I just wanted to do a little something to remember my father this morning. November will be six years since he passed away. I still feel his presence and remember him daily. I miss him dearly, but I know he is smiling down on me and my family. Love you, Pops!
Great work this morning guys – way to push through and give max effort! I won’t wait so long to return to Batteau!
Have a great Monday fellas.
No More Gumbo For You!