21 of RVA’s finest came out for good weather, a workout, and chance to steal a Ghost Flag.
Mosey up to the sea of blacktop for COP:
- Don Quixote (slow style for Saab)
- SSH (43)
- Russian Soliders
- HRM (which turned to regular Merkins upon YHC ingesting a pollen cloud )
Up to the field for Dora 1-2-3:
- 100 Copperhead Squats
- 200 Box Cutters
- 300 Scissors (2-ct)
- Partner runs across the field and back
Down the road to the bottom of Lindsay for Lindsays:
- 30 2-ct Mountain Climbers
- bear crawl 5 paces
- 10 Scorpions
- bear crawl 5 paces
- Repeat until the 30/10 ratio is 10/30.
Partner up for some catch me if you can up the hill. Partner 1 runs backwards and Partner 2 does 5 burpees and runs to catch him. Reverso and repeato until you reach the top.
Mosey over to the green grass of the horseshoe.
- 20 left oblique crunches
- 20 right oblique crunches
- 20 PLT
- 7 4-ct BooYah merkins
Circle up for Merkin Ring of Fire. Pax member calls 1, 3, or 5 quantity of a style of Merkin for the Pax to perform. One cannot repeat what the prior person called.
YHC took us out.
Nothing like spring light to illuminate the Hoedown AO. Perhaps the first time we have had light and no rain. Perfect for seeing all of the tripping hazards.
The Pax was strong today. The oblique crunches offered the Pax a dilemma: spooning someone or face to face. Multiple opinions were rendered on approaches, but regardless, it was good Keymaster was not there to crop dust in this scenario.
With 21 Pax present, we had 3 from SOJ, 3 from DaVille, and 1 form Richmond Proper. How to break the tie? YHC decided that SOJ and DaVille would each put forth one person for a 20 rep burp-off. Shakedown and Spit were the representatives and the they were off! Aided by form in which he seemed to pounce straight up and land like a cat in burpee position, Shakedown pulled ahead slightly taking home the flag for SOJ! Well done Spit and Shakedown. Way to represent!
- Shakedown (and Mr. Holland?) are shaving their heads for a good cause. (https://www.stbaldricks.org/participants/mypage/984556/2018)
- Puppy Pile on 5/19 – Hot potato Q for the 2.0s.
- Ghost Flag rules for those interested : http://f3rva.org/2017/07/20/ghost-flag/