Nine spider runners shed their reflective vests and headlamps for a long awaited Splinter interval Q. This iteration lined up with the theme of the day, proliferating Rosie’s 12 days across all AOs. We only celebrated 10 days. Here’s how it went down:
Run by the lake, up the steps, across the bridge to the plush intramural field. Line up on the endline for:
Day 1: Run to the goal box line and back, 12 LBCs
Day 2: Run to the 20 yard line then repeat day 1, 12 mountain climbers
Day 3: Run to the midfield line then repeat day 2, 12 diamond merkins
Day 4: Run to the far 20 yard line then repeat day 3, 12 imperial squat walkers
Day 5: Run to the far goal box line then repeat day 4, 12 burpees
Day 6: Run to the full field then repeat day 5, 12 dips
Day 7: Run to the goal box line and run backwards back to the line then repeat day 6, 12 lunges
Day 8: Run to the 20 yard line and run backwards back to the line then repeat day 7, 12 merkins
Day 9: Run to the midfield line and run backwards back to the line then repeat day 8, 12 american hammers
Day 10: Run to the far 20 yard line and run backwards back to the line then repeat day 8, 12 flutter kicks
Mosey back to the VSF where Fudd took us out.
The Spider Run regulars have been anticipating interval training every time YHC shows up to Q the run. When YHC announced neither reflective gear nor illumination was necessary, the PAX acknowledged with a collective sneer. Here were the highlights:
– Sippy Cup was finally able to work in backwards running during regulation time. Normally, he brings this out in OT and makes the rest of us feel inadquate.
– Marv is slowly trying to figure out how to run to the AO from his new domicile. Mumblechatter denoted a possible flip of his current house.
– Singer is excited for HDHH next Wednesday, providing time for him to reflect on his first training run of the year. The man has come a long way from his 1.5 mile training run before the last HDHH at The Answer. You’ve come a long way in 9 months.
– TYA was noticably quite this AM. Perhaps it was the crescent moon.
– BT has a coworker’s spouse going under the knife today for a significant surgery. Thoughts and prayers.
– Saab had his fill of intervals and ditched the PAX on the way back to the flag for a quick jaunt home. He was thankful for “a whole lotta suck”
– Swirly continues to battle back with ailing feet. The consensus was the intramural field was quite posh. Perhaps a Spider boot camp is in the works?
– Fudd is pounding sexy again. #SEXY
– Splinter appreciates the PAX entertaining today’s variation of the 12 days.
Till next time.