18 strong and motivated men descended upon 45 MOM this morning to send November, and its no shaving, mustache growing and merkin challenging ways, out with a bang. YHC planted the flag, greeted some PAX members he has not seen in quite a while and then the clock struck 0530 – TIME TO MOSEY….
Mosey to the basketball courts (sorry ladies) for COP, all IC, including:
- SSHs x25
- DQs x10
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Merkins x10
- LBCs x20
THE THANG — STACHE TIME
S – Suicides
- Side Shuffle
- Bear Crawl — always a crowd pleaser
T – Tammy Wynette (inspired by her song “Stand By Your Man”)
- Partner up and complete 5 rounds of 10 tempo merkins and 10 tempo squats each person for a total of 100 as a group. Partner 1 performs tempo merkins to Partner 2’s count while Partner 2 is doing squats. Flapjack back and forth until you have completed 5 rounds.
A – APDs x 30 IC
C – Captain Therkins
- Captain Thors – combination exercise of WWII Situps and American Hammers (2-ct of course) in which you increase the numbers each round but maintain a 1 WWII : 4 AH ratio (1-4; 2-8, 3-12….and so on).
- The “erkin” part of this is that in between sets of Captain Thors – you flip over and do 5 merkins
- AMRAP for the LONGEST 5 minutes EVER!
H – 4 H Corners
- On the tennis courts perform 10 Hand-release Merkins and 10 Monkey Humpers in each corner
E – Elevens
- Mosey to the near sideline of the field for Elevens — Merkins (of course) and Box Cutters. Perform 10 Merkins and 1 Box Cutter, then run across to tree-line and do 9 and 2….and so on.
Native American Run back to the Flag – with a jail break called at about the pavillion
COT, Number-rama, Name-a-rama and YHC took us out very thankful that the calendar turns to December tomorrow.
No Announcements except a reserved confirmation that Marv’s house is still standing
Not a ton of mumble-chatter, at least that YHC could hear. If I missed some good stuff, sound off in the comments. Lots of grumblings on the bear crawl suicide (which suck) and on the Tammy Wynette. I will say, the first time YHC broke out the S-T-A-C-H-E, we did 10 rounds of that and it SUCKED BAD.
It was a pleasure to lead this morning and especially fun to see some faces (new and old) that I don’t usually see. Hitting a new AO every now and again is always great.
Great job by everyone. Thanks for putting up with another serving of Gumbo…
No More Gumbo For You!