New job, so I am a little slow with the BB. However, 6 redwoods and 1 FNG braved the gloomy humidity for my virgin Q at the Heartbreak Ridge AO. Here is how it went down:
- 25 SSH
- 25 Imperial Walkers
- 10 merkins
- 20 Freddy Mercuries
- 25 Crab Cakes
- Parking lot tracers
- Burpee March x3
- 15 burpees across 15 parking spots
- 30 WWII sit-ups
- 30 APDs
- 5 Burpees to make it an even 50
- Mosey around the track (300 meters) to the jerkin gym
- 23 PLT/7 jerkins x3
- Mosey to the Heartbreak Ridge hill for a fully loaded “Toga” – run up the big hill 10x
- Ring of fire – 10 merkins
- Mosey around the track (300 meters) to the short hill – backwards run up the hill for COT
- COT with YHC taking us out
There was very little mumblechatter today. It might have been the combination of burpees and hill runs. The hill runs were an ode to our departed comrade, Toga. We have not taken on this long, steep incline since he departed for Nashvegas. It was long overdue. Normally we would pour some out for our lost homey, but thankfully no one blew chunks on the hill as a homage to Toga. Garbage Plate channeled his inner-Toga and attacked the hill with a vengeance.
YHC was thankful for Ronnie’s constant encouragement of the PAX. Plus, welcome to Mr. Holland (he is a music teacher at Moody Middle School). The first workout is always the hardest. Come back! Iron sharpens iron. Hope to see you soon, even with the start of the school year.
- Convergence on September 30th – 6 am and 7 am workouts; bring the numbers
It was a privilege to lead these men this morning. Nothing better than the fellowship that comes from a good beatdown.