20 strong men rolled into Mary on this beautiful Sunny & 70 morning in RVA. Some were hoping for a ground and pound after a tough hill run yesterday and others praying Gumbo wasn’t going to double-down on the Old Glory this week. Well, this is what transpired:
Long Mosey around the Commonwealth-Cary-Westmoreland-Grove square outline of the AO and back to the field for COP, which included:
- SSH x20
- DQ (Swirly Style) x10
- Helicopters x10
- Imperial Walkers x15
- Flutter Kicks x20
- Hand Release Merkins x15
Mosey to the end line of the field along Commonwealth and line up for the Red Barchetta, which consists of the following:
- Sprint the entire length of the field and perform 100 single-count SSHs at the other end of the field, then jog back to the starting point and plank-o-rama for the 6.
- Sprint the 75% of the length of the field and perform 75 single-count mountain climbers , then jog back to the starting point and plank-o-rama for the 6.
- Sprint the to the mid-point of the field and perform 50 LBCs, then jog back to the starting point and plank-o-rama for the 6.
- Sprint about 25-30 yards and perform 25 merkins, then jog back to the starting point and plank-o-rama for the 6.
- Sprint about 10 yards and perform 10 Burpees , then jog back to the starting point and plank-o-rama for the 6.
Triple Check EL (Extra Long) —
Form in groups of 3 near the monkey-bars. Pax 1 performs dips on the border around the monkey-bars, Pax 2 does monkey-humpers and Pax 3 runs the entire gravel track loop. 3 times.
Mosey back to the Flag for COT, number-rama, name-a-rama and YHC took us out.
- OBT is in town to talk about The Iron Project — he will be at The Veil Brewery at 1800 hours — stop by if you can.
- SOJ takeover next week. And SOJ (the New Market crew to be exact) now has possession of the Ghost Flag so look out for its next posting.
- First Thursday Ultimate Frisbee gathering in DaVille tomorrow 6pm. Then head over to Marty’s (9357 Atlee Rd, Mechanicsville, VA 23116) for drinks. M’s and 2.0’s welcome to join
- Reesestrong registration is now open and Phonics has created the F3RVA team: https://runsignup.com/RaceGroups/4045/Groups/386047
- New AO starting up SOJ (Tomahawk Middle School) on Thursday 8/17.
- New Sunday Bootcamp in DaVille starting this Sunday 8/6 at Atlee HS at 0700 – see Spit for details
- Convergence – September 30 – Gridiron – 0600 to 0800 (or an option to start at 0700) — bring FNGs and go get our Kotters.
- PuppyPile (name pending with Corporate) – 2.0 workout at DogPile is the 3rd Saturday of the month (8/19 this month) — see Marv for details.
It is always great to grab a Q at 45-MOM – the PAX is always large and full of energy and mumblechatter. Today was no different – though some were disappointed that we were not in fact going to “check” on Bleeder’s house and make sure the pool was still working. Maybe next time. The pre-start mumblechatter at 45MOM is always good, including hearing today about the several methods of transportation that Marv must now use to make it to the AO, including harrowing transfers. It is like Planes, Trains and Automobiles for him know, but he is figuring it out.
YHC wanted to get some running in the workout today, so we started off with about a mile and logged 2.4 total by YHC’s watch.
The PAX crushed the Red Barchetta. YHC saw that a while back in the Exicon and has been wanting to break it out during a Q. Today was the day. The Oyster sprint was in full effect – he even sprinted the whole damn field in round 2. Guess the brakes didn’t work? Following the RB up with a long triple check was not easy and those monkey-humpers were burning in round 3, but again, the PAX knocked them out. Sticking close together provided ample opportunity for mumblechatter and even some form-policing by non other than TYA.
Well done today fellas. It was a pleasure to lead.
No more Gumbo for you!