It is the dog days of summer, but that did not stop 8 strong redwoods from posting today at Gridiron. YHC and White Deer shared the Q, with YHC starting us off. Here is how it went down:
- 25 SSH
- 20 Russian Soldiers
- 20 Freddy Mercuries
- 25 APD
- 10 merkins
- 20 Helicopters
- 8 8 count body builders
- Mosey to the playground and partner-up
- 25 PLT/10 jerkins x2
- Mosey to the Pavillion – 25 dips, 25 one leg step-ups (right leg), 25 dips, 25 one leg step-ups (left leg) at the picnic tables
- Mosey to the Gridiron for 4 corners
- 4x 10 burpees
- 4x 10 LBC
- 4x 10 monkey humpers
- 4x 10 WWII sit-ups
- 2x 10 merkins/2x 10 Carolina dry docks
- Bear crawl 1/4 of the football field and then run to the end zone before YHC passed the Q to White Deer
- Mosey to the parking lot
- 2 minute plank challenge
- 10 merkins with left leg raised/10 merkins with right leg raised
- Boat/canoe with KB
- 10 KB presses with each arm
- 20 KB Alabama honeymoons
- 10 one armed curls with each arm
- 10 KB halos
- 10 second KB hold
- Bear crawl around the island
- COT with YHC taking us out followed by coffee at Einsteins
YHC and White Deer were supposed to split the Q 50/50. In actuality, YHC took 75%, much to the joy of Johnsonville’s back. As always, Johnsonville led the charge with a strong performance, but there were some concerns that he might (re)injure himself during the workout. Raise your hands if this surprises you.
Strong showing from Cecil in his grand reappearance. In addition, it was great to see Ragweed back at the Gridiron. Great perseverance on a humid morning!
The highlight of the workout was White Deer demonstrating jerkins on the playground. As always, White Deer was fast and reckless, slamming is head on the bars. Most people would be impacted by such a fierce blow to the head. Not so with White Deer; no harm and onward he went. Draw your own conclusions.
Finally, as for announcements, there was a happy hour for Toga on Wednesday. Sorry if you missed that. The event appeared to fly under the radar. Toga, we will miss you; come back soon!
Stay cool in this heat. Drink plenty liquids (or was that what the M told me to do this morning before I left).