The temperatures were moderate, the humidity was unseasonably absent, and the Gridiron AO was filled with lush, green grass. Today was made for a classic Gridiron boot camp workout (void of White Deer’s mumblechatter). Here is how it went down.
- 20 SSH
- 15 Helicopters
- 20 IW
- 10 merkins
- 20 deep squats
- Mosey to the football field for a lindsey with dips and WWII sit-ups
- 15 Freddy Mercuries/25 APD
- Mosey to the practice field for 11s with burpees and LBCs
- 25 APB/25 PLTs
- Mosey to the back of the school for 5 pull-ups and 10 jerkins
- Mosey to the softball field for an arch loader
- Bear crawl
- Crawl bear with backwards run
- Combat crawls
- Ring of fire (10 merkins)
- Mosey to the parking lot for COT
- COT – Earthworm takes us out with a great prayer for Cheech’s family and all involved/touched by the fatal accident of a week ago; we continue to remember them. Earthworm, thanks for leading us in that time.
Today was great day at Gridiron. It was a blessing to have Pew visit us from Lexington, SC. Our F3 brethren in SC are still mourning the loss of our brother Cheech. I was floored to hear that Cheech’s wife was teaching VBS this week. She is an amazing woman. In addition, the F3 PAX in SC have shown great grace and mercy to the young woman who was driving to work that morning. These men have loved her, and give us a great example to follow.
Welcome to Gridiron Byproduct! Thanks for making the drive from DaVille and joining us today. Your effort was strong, and we enjoyed your fellowship. You are always welcome back to be a part of our brotherhood.
I have one thing to say about Krü, the man is slow, steady and determined. It is something to behold. I have immense respect for our brother’s effort.
Finally, the PAX got a great shot of energy when Nightcrawler rolled into the parking lot just as we began to embark on our workout. It has been a long time, but we are glad to see your familiar face. Do not be a stranger brother! Spare us from any future interventions.
Many of the PAX enjoyed some fellowship at Einstein’s after the workout. It was a great turnout on a holiday weekend. Hopefully we burned enough calories to partake in some extra BBQ, bourbon and brews this holiday weekend. Remember that there is a convergence on our nation’s birthday at Dogwood Dell. Stay safe!