5 steely knuckleheads got the week started off on the right foot and tackled the challenge that is Batteau. Here’s how it went down.
Swirly on the Q: COP: SSH, Helicopters , Windmills, Imperial Walkers, LBC’s, APD’s, Flutter Kicks
Start at playground for 3 sets of: 5 x pullups, 10 x incline merkins, 10 x decline merkins, run to tree.
Mosey to benches for 3 sets of: 20 dips and 20 step ups
Q pitched to BT, mosey to field for Super 7’s (7 burpees, run across field to perform 7 merkins and 7 squats, run back to start. Complete 7x).
Soft handoff to Phonics for last Q. Adjourn to the near field for some ab and chest work. LBCs, Freddie Mercuries, and a whole bunch of tortuous merkin exercises to include (5 ) 2-ct merkins, 2″ plank hold, (5) 2-ct half merkins. 2, maybe 3 rounds. Some other stuff? Quick tempo for sure.
Run to 6 trees, perform 5 burpees at each. Mosey back to flag and finish out with 20 merkins apiece.
COT: Phonics took us out.
Moleskin: YHC was Lifo for the first time that he can remember, having had to turn around to get his gloves and being 99% certain curb crawls were on the menu. Thankfully, none of that nonsense happened, but plenty of other pain was there to greet us. Great to meet Mindfreak for the first time, and since YHC has been on the road waaaay more than needed it was good to get back to a solid beatdown and sweat with Swirly, Hardywood and Phonics. If my count is correct, we completed 195 merkins for those doing the challenge this month. Things I learned today:
- Mindfreak is a super talent and can beat China’s best 7 yr old at Rubik’s cube completion while juggling on a unicycle.
- Hot potato Q’s always, always bring the pain.
- If your choices for the last Q are Phonics, Hardywood and Mindfreak, chances are it’s gonna hurt.
- ReeseStrong 5k is in September, get ready.
- BRR training is in full swing.
- Lockjaw has the HDHH reins, not sure when it is but it’s coming!
- Bleeder is doing well across the pond and intends to beat Will and Harry down in the gloom in front of Buckingham Palace.
Great to be part of the Q Crew today, and always great to be back. See you in the gloom!