Eleven locals stepped onto the grounds of Atlee High School for beautiful and humid Tuesday beatdown. YHC had an unrealistic goal of what could be accomplished during the 45 minutes. This is what occurred:
COP – All IC
- Don Quijotes
- Arm Circles – 10 big, 5 small, reverso
- Backwards lunge with front kick
- Friddie Mercuries
Mosey to the Chickahominy football field
Triple Sprints – Split into groups of 3. Two members stays on one side of field. The other person goes to the other side. One person sprints, tags the other member and then does 5 burpees. The other member then sprints back and tags the 3rd member. Each member will sprint 5 times. After all have finished, the PAX then bear crawled to the middle. After meeting in the middle, the PAX crab walked to the side.
Mosey to the playground
Pull ups – In teams of 2, complete 50 pullups.
Mosey along the Atlee cross country trail to the bottom of the road.
Triple Check – SSH, Merkins, run to top of hill, touch gate, and return. – Because of time, after one cycle, YHC called an audible and the PAX returned to the flag.
YHC took us out.
There has been much talk in Mechanicsville about the size of the Green Acres AO at Pole Green Park. We forget how large the Atlee HS/Chickahominy MS/Cool Spring ES AO. After completing the triple sprints and the pull-ups, YHC led the PAX along the Atlee cross country team trail to an access road that runs along the football field. This trail was built by the cross country team of the early 90s that included Anchovy. YHC’s memory of the trail was that it was much shorter than it actually was. By the time the ½ mile trail along with the ¼ mile jog to the trail was completed, it was 6:05 AM and the PAX was at least ½ mile from the SF. Not only did YHC have to call an audible after one cycle, he also did not allow time to complete several other planned activities. YHC’s poor time management was to the delight of many of the PAX members who were not looking forward to 2 more triple check cycles.
Great job to the PAX today for staying with YHC during the long moseys. Yard Sale told YHC that he was determined not to fall behind. Mission accomplished! YHC was also impressed that his 2.0 E.T. stayed with his dad the entire time.
It was great seeing Anchovy and Sticky for their one year anniversary with F3. Congratulations to you both!!
- The Mechanisville Q Takeover is coming to an AO near you the week of June 5th.
- ReeseStrong’s Cornhole & Rock ‘N Roll event at Marty’s Grill in Mechanicsville – June 10. The event benefits the ReeseStrong Childhood Cancer Foundation. The first band starts at 11 am. The cornhole tournament starts at 12:30 PM. See Phonics for more information.
- Fudd’s summer soiree (aka stock the bar) – June 10th. RSVP to the pre-blast if you can make it — http://f3nation.com/2017/05/15/pre-blast-summer-soiree-at-fudds-house/
- VQ Week starts June 26. Sign up now before all of the slots are gone.