Nine runners strong, not quite a flock of seagulls, including 2 Spider Run Kotters convened at the base of artificial lake Westham for this week’s iteration of Spider Run. Having signed up prior to Saab’s bedtime, YHC took the reins and dusted off one of our more well established runs for a mosey up Mount Henrico. Some slight alterations were made to facilitate fewer instructions:
– Mosey around the lake and up by the baseball field, across the parking lot
– Pass through fraternity row and take a left on Hampshire
– Hampshire turns to Baldwin. Stay on Baldwin through various jogs until you hit Rock Creek.
– Left on Rock Creek
– Slight left on Forest, immediate right on University
– 6 milers add the Arlington circle loop both directions
– Right on Glendale, left on Julian
– To the top of the mountain and back
– Lap around the lake for those who wanted more
YHC took us out, battling through various distractions from our sea-faring mammal relatives.
YHC waiting until about 7:30 last night to sign up as Q was still open. Saab was just settling down for a long winter’s nap and YHC knew he needed to sign up before bedtime to avoid any confusion. Thanks for the mumblechatter on the run today, YHC enjoyed every bit of it.
After our route, upon returning to our lair, spring was clearly evident. Birds chirping, sun rising and the rare sighting of the great migration of the Atlantic seal, back to it’s warmer weather fishing grounds. The seal, surprisingly absent this winter, has begun it’s re-emergence.
Speaking of fishing, two of Fudd’s favorite indulgences were spotlighted on the cover of this month’s iteration of Blue Ridge Outdoor. Fly fishing and tomatoes can result in very compelling journalism. Clearly transforming the sport.
Speaking of tomatoes, TYA clearly has a way with the fairer sex. A warm exchange of pleasantries was attempted post COT. Unfortunately for TYA, the pleasantries were only exchanged one way. Couldn’t blame it on the tights this week and no audible ‘F’ bombs were witnessed. Still ISO the cause of the aforementioned one-way exchanges.
Glad to hear Sippy did his research and found that YHCs claim that Patterson/Parham is the highest point in Henrico is not false. There may be other contending high points but this is one of them. Hopefully we can work in Mount Richmond one of these days.
– Toga is still searching for a volunteer to sleep in his tent with him for the Ragnar. You may even get your own tent. See him for details.
– Still need a few folks that want to gather in the great smokey mountains to inhale some spring pollen and run a little race. See Swirly or TYA if interested
– HDHH next Wednesday snow or shine. http://f3nation.com/2017/02/27/preblast-march-hdhh/