This post Christmas morning, 4 brave RVA men ventured into the River Run AO to shake off the egg nog and cookies and take on the last Monday of 2016. Here is how it went down.
- 20 X SSH
- 12 X Don Quixote
- 20 X Imperial Walkers
- 15 x Arm Circles
- 20 x Flutter Kicks
- 12 x Merkins
4 Stations Around Track
- Station 1 = 10 Pull Ups (This person triggers rotation)
- Station 2 = AMRAP WWII Sit Ups
- Station 3 = AMRAP Hanging Leg Lifts
- Station 4 = AMRAP Merkins
repeat until PAX performs each rotation 2 times
Mosey to the JR Football Field
Swamp and Forth Relay
- Partner 1 = Run to opposite goal post and back
- Partner 2 = Perform Polar Bears then Lunges then Broad Jump Burpee
- Switch off until exercising partner reaches the goal post
- Rinse and repeat back to starting end
Conveyor Belt at JRHS Parking Lot
- Rotation 1 – Monkey Humpers 10 x IC for 4 rotation (BC to next parking lot space)
- Rotation 2 – 10 Merkins IC for 4 rotations w. BC to next station
Mosey back to parking lot for Native American Flutter Kicks on Poll
- Rosalitas X 20 IC
- Freddie Mercury x 15 IC
- Hello Dolly x 20 IC
- Merkin Ring of Fire w. Plank hold at the end
Numberama and Name O Rama
- CSAUP event scheduled for 1/21 starting at Dogpile at 6AM for 20 Minute bootcamp, then mosey to Punisher for 20 minute bootcamp, then mosey to 45MoM for 20 minute bootcamp then mosey back to Dogpile to complete (expecting 3+ hours total)
- LBC Challenge coming in January
YHC took us out
YHC was pleasantly surprised to see Wilson and Honeymoon ready and waiting in a clown car after pulling up to the AO for this after Christmas rendezvous. This eased my fears of possibly pursuing a lone wolf mission this morning, which was definitely not in the cards. A minute or so later an unfamiliar Toyota Highlander pulled up to the RR parking lot under a shroud of mystery. YHC was secretly excited as 4 was an ideal minimum number for what was planned, but there was an element uncertainty in trying to determine who the 4th person was. YHC was happy to find out that this mystery vehicle belonged to none other than Sippy Cup who was staying with family in Midlothian for the holiday.
YHC hates to separate a PAX, but wanted to break into this morning with a little alone time by using the 4 station relay as a way to get started. During this YHC was still reeling from the burp Ups and Jerkins from Spit’s Dogpile Q on Saturday and as such the pull ups were especially tough.
The Swamp and Forth Relay was a RR flattened version of Love Hill relays from dogpile. The Swamp at James River may have been the coldest part of the morning as the leftover rain from Christmas Eve had left the football field pretty wet and added a chilling flavor to the polar bear crawls during the relay.
Note to RVA Pax…monkey humpers will crush you in high repetition. A quick audible had to be called to shorten the number of IC monkey humpers from 15 to 10 after 1 rotation. The switch to merkins in the 2nd round was also tough with bear crawls mixed in…(my shoulders were still pretty useless from Saturday’s BTWW Triple Check and from spending most of the last 48 hours putting things together (Lego’s are a workout for the body and mind)).
All in all not much mumble chatter during the workouts today, but a fair amount of discussion took place about the upcoming CSAUP on January 21 post COT. This will definitely be a grueling and awesome event, and YHC is definitely excited and nervous to participate.
In closing and without question, the best way to start the last week of the year is with my F3 brethren. Thanks for humbling me today and allowing me to lead. It’s always an honor and a privilege.
See you all next time.