Nine runners +2 in high heels met at the commons for this week’s iteration of Spider run. No one signed up for the Q so YHC took it and here is what went down:
– 2 laps around the lake for warm up
– Meet back at the bottom of Gateway drive for hill repeats
– Ryland Circle was home base. Run 1 minute up Gateway at ~80%, remembering the point you stopped.
– Stop and recover back down the hill to Ryland in 1:45.
– Rinse and repeat a total of 6 times
– Easy stroll back around UR drive, right on Crenshaw, right on Westhampton Way and back to VSF
Two riders showed up in the brisk weather for an alternative to running. Unfortunately YHC did not have a rider friendly route in mind so they were off on their own.
That particular hill we did repeats on is the finishing hill for the RRRC Turkey Trot on Thanksgiving Day. Those looking for a good challenge before loading up on turkey should take a look http://www.rrrc.org/events/turkey-trot-10k-2016. Apologies for the traffic on the road.
Congrats to Two Can for completing the fitness test with 5 seconds to spare. As TYA put it you could have rested a bit.
– HDHH next Wednesday at TYAs renovated house. See backblast
Man that was tough – good Q Splinter… Way to push it guys.. Congrats Two Can – way to go buddy!
See y’all in the gloom..
Great job Toucannn!
Repeats are brutal. Thanks for the pain, Splinter. That said, it’s good to have a run where everyone stays together.
Way to go TwoCan!
Nice work fellas.
Nice job TwoCan. The sacrifices paid off.
Great work Toocan
Nice Q, Splinter. Sprints were a good challenge.
Saab summarized F3 well today…”if it was really me against me, I wouldn’t be here.” Thanks, Saab, for the reminder.
With me vs me, I’ve got to win one at some point; it is why I keep showing up; the odds are in my favor