Lucky 13 posted for what became a cage match. Here’s how it went down:
Mosey to the Carillon, head up and down the steps, and then mosey back to the circle. Warmup COP: SSH, Imperial Walkers, Don Quixote, scapula merkins, scorpions
Mosey to the rusty cage for the main event:
- 8 overhand pull-ups, 10 clerkins, 20 mtn climbers: repeato x3
- 6 chin-ups, 10 werkins, 15 leg raises: repeato x3
- Form 2 lines and shimmy across pull-up bar to the center: repeato x4
- 4 commando pull-ups, 10 diamonds, 20 2 count flutter kicks: repeato x3
- Form 2 lines and shimmy across pull-up bar to the outside of the cage
- 4 close grip overhand pull-ups, 10 clerkins, 15x WWII sit-ups: repeato x3
- 6 over or underhand jerkins at the dip bars: repeato x4
Mosey back to the flag for the angry caterpillar. The PAX lines up in the same direction, hits the deck and places their feet on the person behind them. This was originally meant to be a crawl to the flag, but it devolved to just merkins. Finish with American Hammers till time expired.
NMM: The PAX seem to think that the run around the Carillon implied a more running oriented workout. Camping out at the rusty cage for nearly the entire workout got that out of everyone’s head. If you didn’t get your upper body workout today, you were skipping reps. The jerkins at the end pretty much killed YHC. Thanks to Saab for helping me get through that, and special thanks to Swirly/Pinocchio as well. The entire PAX nows knows the proper way to use the nose on the diamond push-ups or any other triangular oriented activity. The member of the PAX in front of Swirly on the Angry Caterpillar can attest to his skills.
Lastly, thanks to the entire PAX for helping get YHC and BT ready for our Spartan race. We are well prepared for anything that gets thrown at us.., except for spears.
- HDHH workout and 2nd F next Weds, see Hardywood’s backblast (Flipper will be singing)
- Spartan still open for any interested- 9/24
- Bear Creek trail run- Register now!