22 hard-chargers sallied forth to take a stiff shot of Dogpile with a #growSchool chaser. Humidity met stupidity as we undertook this THANG:
Front leaning rest for muster, instruction and inspection. All hands were accounted for, so we shoved off and were underway/making way.
Mosey, Karioca run, side shuffle over to the 240′ Carillon Tower where we took station on the brick courtyard for CoP.
30 x ssh
10 x windmill
15 x IST
15 x toy soldiers
1 min invisible jump rope
John “IHOP” Powers IHOP’s x2 rounds
All hands muster on the Great Lawn for “The Michigan”
Re-convene on the bricks for a little stretchy-stretch
Partner up for partner wheelbarrows up the grand staircase x2 for each pax
Adjourn to the pull-up forest
20 x squats
“50 in 5” (crowd pleaser)
Slowsey to a steep hill for Quatro minutes of Quadraphilia
Mosey back to launch for people’s choice Mary which included (at a minimum)… low flutter, Alabama Prom Queen, Low Dolly, etc etc
And oh by the way, we also did 300 good-form ‘mericans. (crowd pleaser)
Ye Olde Moleskin:
- RVA pax are fierce and ruthless. When YHC called for a little stretchy-stretch they told me to take that weak-a$$ action back to Isotope and I think they might have even called me a sister wife. Strong. YHC likes that spirit. Someone even “coo’d” when I called for pigeon… never fails, there’s always a coo’er in the pax.
- Circle K got a “94” on something and tried to tell us it was not a big deal. Listen here Circle K, if YHC ever got a 94 on something I’d be walking around like Nature Boy Ric Flair. Own it! BZ as we say in the Navy.
- It sounds like Honey Do is actually Honey Did when it comes to shedding some extra lbs. Good job sir… now go pick up some milk on your way home.
- Was that Wilson threatening violence agains YHC’s timepiece? Remember to aim your violence at the watch sir… I’m just the messenger. #pavlov
- Yankee Aggressor strong war daddy. Aye.
- Congrats to Fudd for his new gig. Don’t embarras us.
- Apparently bad Toga is back to the delight of the pax. Apparently good Toga was insufferable.
- Awesome – and wide-ranging – discussion. Notes: Do you have your EH elevator speech ready? M’s can have a positive EH effect. Church groups are good places to reach men. Explain F3’s larger purpose. Addition by division. Man-to-man is best EH. When to add or kill a workout/AO. Develop a leadership structure that’s appropriate but doesn’t become burdensome. Etc etc. Great discussion all the way around. Lots of energy about an RVA homegrown csaup event and a possible rookie day in the near-future. BZ.
- Summary: YHC has driven 95 through RVA hundreds of times but never had the guts to stop. Toga took me on a tour. My assessment? Rockin’ cool city and rock-solid pax! So this weekend I was able to: get some hours in the swagger wagon listening to 80’s rock, classic country, and the Click and Clack Brothers… enjoy a tasty beverage at an RVA hip brewery…. dispense a noteworthy beatdown to a bunch of hard-chargers… obtain a sweet RVA F3 jersey…and finally spend time discussing F3 with men determined to be High Impact Men and to help others be the same. That’s a weekend I can hang my hat on. Aye.
Thanks for having me up. RVA rocks!