It had been a long time since YHC Q’d a workout at 45MoM. Nothing really changed except for the shiny new traffic circles (more on that later). 10 strong posted for some traditional F3 fun vs. the recent influx of CrossFit WODs.
COP: SSH, Scap. Merkins, DX, Mtn Climbers…
Mosey to corner and partner up for carry time. Run down Westmorland, 10 burpees, partner carry down Cary, 10 burpees, backwards run down Commonwealth, partner carry down Grove, and finish with 10 burpees. Repeato with 10x Super Man Merkins (assume Super Man position at the bottom of each merkin) instead of the burpees.
Mosey to basketball court for Triple Check= run, good form squats and wall runners (merkin near base of wall then push yourself to balls to the wall position, come back down and repeat)
Back to the flag for some ab fun.
COT: Ricky Bobby and Marv spotted a rainbow framing the sunrise, and we simply stopped a minute to take that in. Nuff said
NMM: YHC used a couple of CrossFit WODs over the past couple of days to try something a bit different, but today was back to basics. The partner carry is always a blast, and it needs to be noted that TYA carried YHC up and down the road more than once without a break. YHC also thought that the backwards run down Commonwealth would be a nice respite. It turns out that it’s a lot farther than it looks. Speaking of looks, Wedding Singer should have been looking out for the new traffic circles during the backwards portion of the circuit.
- 2nd F Event Friday 1730 at The Answer- Pre Convergence chance to hang with Gnarly Goat
- CONVERGENCE 0700 Saturday, DogPile with GROW school led by Gnarly Goat at ET’s immediately following the workout
- 9/17 F3 team at Reese Strong 5k: http://www.reesestrong.org/reesestrong-5k/
- 9/24 F3 Team at Spartan, see Toga or just signup
- See Flashdance if interested in Festy run, early Oct.