Two visitors and 10 regulars traveled south of the equator for a crisp morning beat-down. Quick mosey around the bus loop before heading over to the track for COP. Here’s how it went down:
- SSH x25
- DQ x20
- IW x20
- Copperhead Squats x20
- Brazillian Dance Partners x10 small/large/forward/backward
200M Ladder. Run 200M then drop for 20 merkins and 19 Lt Dans (2 count just to disappoint DK). Run 200M then 18/17, 200M 16/15, continued until 2/1. Simple math folks, quite elementary. Restricter plate for those finishing early got to start climbing the ladder again. Plank-o-rama at the start when everyone finished.
Mosey to poles for pole smoker indian run. PAX holds legs at 6″ while first PAX member completes 6 pole smokers (1 left, 1 right, 1 center, repeato). Run to end of line and next one goes. Complete 1 circuit.
Saunter to the baseball field for a little spring training. Quick cycle to finish the workout. Start at home plate:
- Single: Run to 1st and complete 10 WWII situps. Run to 2nd, 10 WWII. Run to 3rd, 10 WWII. Run home, 10 WWII.
- Double: Run to 2nd and complete 20 merkins. Run home for 20 more.
- Triple: Run to 3rd and complete 30 squats. Run home for 10 WWII.
- Home Run: Round the bases and finish with 40 LBCs.
Back to SF.
Great turnout from the RVA PAX. Welcome Nancy from Greensboro and The Farm from Charlotte. There were complaints of the tolls and distance from downtown to this particular AO. RVA is working on it as there are at least 2 new AOs in the works.
It was dark this AM so YHC initially couldn’t identify the LIFOs. Fudd was a given and should have been assumed. Toga was unexpected. Tclaps to Toga for directing our visitor from CLT to the correct location.
There have been grumblings recently as to the level of math required during YHCs workouts. There were two basic concepts introduced today. Subtraction by 2 and the concept of even/odd. Merkins were always even and Lt Dans were always odd. Nancy pointed out that this AO is a middle school and we should not be required to practice remedial math. Point taken. YHC and TYA have been discussing a fibonacci sequence workout but we should likely hold off until PAX math skills have advanced.
See everyone in the spring-like gloom.
- AFSP Golf Tournament. See Fudd’s BB.
- 24 workouts in Greensboro, visit if you are in the area. Apparently you can just roll out of the fartsack and be working out.
- WDog starting in April. See Swirly.
- Mechanicsville AO starting next week
- HDHH next week
- Lab Rat has run friendly Q tomorrow. As Swirly put it, “Every day all day”
- Expansion in May to support new Hampton Roads region. Contact Toga to volunteer.
- Toga is eyeballing an orienteering course on May 1 at Pocahontas. May turn into a trail run. For Wilson’s edification orienteering generally involves a compass.
- BRR spots are open. Talk to TYA if you want in. Training starts soon and there will be planning “meetings” after the training. You know you want a purple shirt to be like Swirly.