F3 started in Charlotte…so did Steph Curry.
Curry’s Plays of the Year (Click it, you’ll be glad you did!)
In celebration of Steph Curry being named the NBA’s MVP, 21 strong gathered in South Richmond this morning for a Steph Curry-themed workout. It went down as follows:
COP – 30 SSH, 30 LBCs, 15 Merkins, 15 Imperial Walkers, 30 Slow Bending Squats
Mosey to NE Soccer Field
Burp & Merk up to 5, repeat 5 then descend for 30 total Merkins
Line up on side line for The Davidson Wildcat: Burp & Merk up to 8, with a width of soccer field inbetween each Burp. Plank-o-rama after 8, including Wilson’s Lasagne Party. Descend down from 8 – add restrictor plate of double merkins for top finishers of ascending 8.
Mosey to parking poles for Tom Brady’s Pole Smokers (only for TYA & Wedding Singer to click) – Tabatta Style (30 seconds x 8)
Mosey to SW Soccer field for The Golden State Warrior – abbreviated Beast with 5 exercises at 6 stations (30 total) – Monkey Humpers, Mountain Climbers, Freddy Mercury, Imperial Squat Walkers
Mosey to bleachers for Dips – Tabatta Style (30 seconds x 8)
Mosey back to shovel flag for COT.
- Welcome to Shooter & Rapunzel. Way to keep up this morning! Hope to see you back soon.
- YHC totally forgot about Cinco de Mayo. Apologies.
- TYA mentioned something about “past players” whenever YHC yelled “Darrell Green” at a 28 count…at least the ‘Skins never cheated to win their championships. Stay classy, New England.
- Apparently Loose Goose, Wilson, maybe others misunderstood the explanation of the restrictor plate: double merkins during the descent of The Davidson Wildcat…and went from 16 to 15 to 14 rather than 16 to 14 to 12. TClaps to Splinter for setting them straight. Maybe we need another math formula for those guys.
- Cheers to Bleeder for passing out extra T-shirts from the Hardywood 4 Miler (F3 was a Gold Sponsor)
- YHC is also an alumnus of Davidson College and always said Steph Curry would never make it in the NBA…YHC Sr & MYHC remind him of this as frequently as possible.
Weekly workouts as usual this week.
YHC forgot to mention: Looks like we’ll have a guest Q next week – Freeloader (from CLT) has signed up to lead us at NoToll next week, so you won’t have to listen to YHC’s gob for one week, at least.