20 warriors rose to greet the dawn of a new day. If there was ever a time for a proper barn dance to celebrate all that is glorious in our fair commonwealth, then today is that day. According to the rave reviews on the blog Square Dancing History, it went a little something like this.
COP IC X 20: SSH, CP, WWII, FC, IW. IC X 10: HRM, HRM LL, HRM RL. Arm circle X 1 RIPFD
Mosey to tennis courts
Bear Crawl Suicide: Line up facing the empty four courts. Bear crawl to the first court midline and run backwards to start. Bear crawl to the first court far sideline and run backwards. Bear crawl to the second court midline and run backwards. Follow this pattern until you have bear crawled to the fourth court end line.
Ode to Bobby Hurley and not Christian Laettner: Facing south on the courts and starting at one end, skip horizontally to the end of the fourth court and complete 1 Bobby Hurley. Still facing the same way horizontally skip back the start. Go back to the fourth court to the second line from the end and complete 2 Bobby Hurley’s, then back to the start. Do this formula for success until you have completed 10 Bobby Hurley’s or blown out your knees.
Do-Si-Do The Hard Way: Fun fact, while Kliff Kingsbury was the Texas Tech starting QB and hitting on YHC’s now wife in English class, YHC was perfecting the lost art of calling a square dance. Seeing as Kliff got a new venue to share his talents, YHC would like to do the same here. Cue fiddle music:
Take your partner round and round,
Make four stops and hit the ground.
In the first corner here’s what you’ll see.
10 boo ya merkins and 5 burpees..
Now toss those legs up to 20 times,
Then to the next stop for a few more rhymes.
At the next corner you’ll do-si-do,
And find a new partner to be your bro.
Repeat the exercises 123,
And move real quick just like the breeze.
Repeat these steps at all four stops,
It’s too cold to wear flip-flops.
When you find the end I think you’ll know,
You’ll see your buddies and spill merlot.
Run back to Old Glory to end our game,
Then count your numbers and say your name.
Dr. Tryhard grabbed the fellas and led us out,
And that’s how we ended this workout.
- Puppypile is on 1/26 at 7:05am. This is important. Show your kids you are tough. It’s also important to see how tough your kids are. Do this.
- There’s a whole lot of rucking going on. See Marmaduke, Honeymoon or Wilson for details.
- Dr. Tryhard has his VQ next Tuesday. Apparently it’s an all Shakeweight workout. Should make one hell of a backblast and deposition.
- If we weren’t impressed enough, Dr. Tryhard is launching a new AO on 4/4 at Hugenuts High School called The Forge. See him for details.
- Well, looky here another announcement from Dr. Tryhard. He’s working on a custom shirt order with the good folks at Mud Gear. Next thing you know he’ll be doing the lords work in some third world country.
- Keep Opus and his family in your thoughts and prayers. The surgery for his M went good. That is the first step of many. TClaps to Circle K and Lab Rat for taking the lead on ensuring his sidewalk and driveway are clean this weekend.
Moleskin: YHC learned this morning that we have multiple people who have lost weight greater than or equal to Swirly’s Monster Mode vest. Posh, Vinny and Handshake are on that list. Give them a high five, but no carbs.
Make it a good one fellas. It’s nobody else’s job but yours.
Dig a little deeper, get it all out and be super.